Wednesday 15 July 2015

காயிலே மில்லத் மட்டுமா? கிருஷ்ணமாச்சாரியும்தான்

காயிலே மில்லத் மட்டுமா?
கிருஷ்ணமாச்சாரியும்தான்

We disliked the English language in the past.
I disliked it
because I was forced to learn
Shakespeare and Milton,
for which I had no taste at all.

If we are going to be compelled to learn Hindi,
I would perhaps not be able to learn it because of my age,
and perhaps I would not be willing to do it because of the amount of constraint you put on me.

This kind of intolerance makes us fear that the strong Centre which we need, a strong Centre which is necessary
will also mean the enslavement of people who do not speak the language at the centre.

I would, Sir, convey a warning on behalf of people of the South for the reason that there are already elements in South India who want separation...,

and my honourable friends in U.P do not help us in any way by flogging their idea of "Hindi Imperialism" to the maximum extent possible.

So, it is up to my friends in Uttar Pradesh to have a whole India;
it is up to them to have a Hindi-India.
The choice is theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment